Thursday, August 28, 2008

The end of the beginning and the beginning of the end

What an eye catching phrase! I picked it from this article in the Independent. In it the author posits many bear case scenarios for banks as they try to raise capital to shore up liquidity. If right now is the end of the beginning, I think (post-Gustav) we are set for a relief rally...that would be something! But alas, it would be a head-fake and things should begin to unravel soon after. When will it all end? I do think the last bailout will be the fourth option (from the Independent article), direct state intervention to support lending! Levels to watch for upside bear market rally targets..1350 on SnP, 12250 on Dow, 75 on the BKX. And the breakdown..I think it should take us to 1100 or even a little below (on SnP). Ain't I papa bear :)

No comments: